Tips from Your Air Conditioning Service in Kalamazoo, MI: Give Your AC a Break This SummerMay 1, 2016 4:55 am Leave your thoughts
Summer is now just around the corner, and that means many people will soon be cranking up their air conditioners all season long. But as the team at your air conditioning service in Kalamazoo, MI sees on a daily basis, overworking your air conditioner is not always a great idea. At best, you end up paying higher utility bills. At worst, you could cause your air conditioner to break down. If neither of these options is very appealing to you, read on for tips on giving your AC a break this summer, courtesy of your air conditioning service in Kalamazoo, MI:
- Use fans: Fans work in tandem with air conditioners perfectly. While air conditioners produce cold air, fans circulate that cold air in specific rooms, making for a more comfortable space without having the crank the AC up to high. If you don’t have ceiling fans, consider buying box fans, or even battery operated personal fans.
- Cook cooler meals: Cooking and eating cooler meals in summer is helpful for two reasons: it keeps you from turning on your oven and stove, and it helps keep your body temperature cool, reducing the need for your air conditioner. It also has the added benefit of often being healthier, especially if you make salads.
- Dim lighting: How much lighting do you really need in your house? Unless you are reading or working from home, you can probably afford to keep things a little dimmer during the summer. Turn off unnecessary lights and keep shades drawn during the day for a cooler home.
- Program your thermostat: In most households, there are usually at least a few hours during the day when nobody is at home. If that is the case for you family, program your thermostat to give your AC a break during this time. If you do not have a smart thermostat, consider investing in one.
- Get out of the house: During the hottest days of summer, it can be tempting to just hole up inside all day with the AC on full blast. But even getting out for a few extra hours during the day can help keep your AC from getting overworked. Consider taking a family trip somewhere with free air conditioning, such as the mall, the movies or a restaurant.
- Rearrange your furniture: Sometimes having a large piece of furniture blocking an air conditioning vent can make it more difficult for cold air to reach certain parts of the house. Make sure your furniture is arranged in an efficient way during the summer.
- Schedule routine maintenance: All of the above tips are helpful, but the absolute best thing you can do for your AC this summer is to schedule routine maintenance. Maintenance helps keep your AC in tip-top working condition, and will likely save you money in the long run.
Get in touch with All Brands Heating And Cooling for more tips or assistance with air conditioning service in Kalamazoo, MI before summer is in full swing.
Categorised in: Air Conditioner Service
This post was written by admin