When your furnace isn’t working, you may be tempted to call for HVAC repair in Kalamazoo, MI, at the first sign that something is wrong. While calling for repairs may be necessary in some instances, oftentimes, with a little troubleshooting, you can get your furnace up and running again. Try these simple tips the next time your furnace isn’t working properly:
- Check the filter: If you haven’t changed your filter in a while, this could be the reason why your furnace isn’t working. A dirty filter can cause your furnace to overheat and stop functioning properly. When your furnace stops working, try changing the filter and letting it cool down before restarting it again. This may be all you needed. If a filter change doesn’t fix the problem, you may need to call for HVAC repair in Kalamazoo, MI.
- Press the reset button: In some furnace units, after you have changed the filter or opened the furnace door in any way, you may need to restart the system. If your furnace has stopped working, try resetting it to get it going again. If it doesn’t start immediately. don’t give up hope. Wait 30 minutes and try again. If it fails to start after your second attempt, you will need to call for HVAC repair in Kalamazoo, MI, as you may have a more serious problem going on.
- Try closing the door: If the door to your furnace is not shut tightly, your system will refuse to operate. While this is a safety feature to protect you, it can leave many homeowners stumped as to why their furnace won’t turn on. Check to see if the door is shut all the way and locked in place. This could get your furnace up and running again.
- Open your registers: When you are running your heat, you want to maintain airflow into all the rooms in your home. If you cut off this airflow, you can create too much resistance for your furnace to handle, and it will begin to overheat. This is a good thing to check if your furnace has stopped running. Just open the registers and allow your furnace to cool before starting again.
- Check the “on” switch: This is a simple one that happens all the time. Your furnace may not fire up when you go to turn it on at the thermostat. This could simply mean that the furnace’s “on” switch has been turned off. This can happen if you were having work done near your furnace, such as having a new water heater installed. Just turn the switch back on and you will be good to go. If your furnace doesn’t start up, call for HVAC repair in Kalamazoo, MI to take a look at your heating system.
These easy tricks can get your furnace up and running in a lot of situations. If all else fails, call for HVAC repair in Kalamazoo, MI to have your heating system inspected for problems. For service to your HVAC system, contact All Brands Heating And Cooling. We can repair virtually any problem you are having with your heating and cooling systems, and even help you with new installation if you need it.
Categorised in: Furnace Repair
This post was written by admin