Do you think about your HVAC? If you answered “no,” we’re not surprised. Most people don’t think about their HVAC system until their furnace or air conditioner stops working and, by then, they’re usually left dealing with expensive repairs and an uncomfortably hot home. But it doesn’t have to be like that. There are ways that you can catch small issues before you find yourself in need of a major air conditioning repair in Kalamazoo, MI.
At All Brands Heating and Cooling, we believe in providing our customers with excellent service, but we also believe in educating our customers about their units. With that in mind, we’ve put together a list of seven signs your air conditioner is in need of service. Let’s take a look:
- Weak airflow: If you feel cool air coming through the vent but it doesn’t seem like it’s blowing as hard as it once did, this could be a sign of a bad compressor, and it may be time to service your unit.
- Air doesn’t feel as cool as you remember it: Does the air coming through the vents feel warmer than in past years? Fluctuating temperatures in the air coming from your vents may actually be a sign that it’s time to replace your unit.
- Some rooms are hotter than others: If you walk through your home and notice changes in temperature from one room to another, it may not be your HVAC unit needing some service. Instead, this type of issue is usually caused by a problem with your air ducts.
- Weird sounds: Do you hear squeaking, grinding or other weird sounds coming from your unit? If the answer is “yes,” be sure to call us right away. Odd sounds are usually a sign of a mechanical failure and, if ignored, this could result in a major breakdown and expensive repairs.
- Bad odors: If a pungent or burning smell is coming from your unit, this is usually caused by burning wire insulation or some other electrical issue. If you smell something burning, be sure to call us right away. Electrical issues not only harm your unit, but they are a fire hazard as well.
- Inconsistent temperature: Some problems may not be your HVAC unit at all. If you are experiencing inconsistent temperatures, the problem may actually be with your thermostat—not your unit. If you are experiencing varying temperatures in different rooms in your home, it may simply be time to replace your thermostat.
- Rising energy bills: Have you noticed that your energy bill is higher than last year or has been steadily climbing since you turned on the AC? This is typically a sign that there’s an issue with your unit and it is not functioning as efficiently as it used to.
If you’re noticing any of these problems with your HVAC unit, be sure to call All Brands Heating and Cooling right away. We can get on the job immediately and hopefully help you avoid emergency air conditioning repair in Kalamazoo, MI or expensive unit replacement.
Categorised in: Air Conditioning Repairs
This post was written by Writer