Many of us have been there. The temperature rises, and you notice that your AC unit is no longer keeping things cool in your home. You realize your AC has gone out. What should you do next? Your air conditioning service in Cadillac, MI is here to help. In addition to calling for repairs, use the following tips to stay safe and cool until your AC is up and running again.
- Block it out: While bright sunshine can light up a room, open windows also invite the heat. While your AC is out, keep your windows and curtains closed to block the heat. If your curtains aren’t designed to block the sun, use temporary dark sheets or blankets to keep your interior cool until your air conditioning service repairs your unit.
- Bring it in: Use fans strategically to circulate the air in the home. Place a fan near the front and/or back door, blowing inward, and turn ceiling fans to a counter-clockwise setting, so they are blowing air downward.
- Drink it down: Stay well hydrated. Drink plenty of water, and enjoy a treat such as popsicles or ice cream to stay cool.
- Cook out: Using the stove can quickly heat up your kitchen and your entire home. If your AC isn’t working, consider going out to eat, or grilling, to avoid turning your house into an oven.
- Jump in: If you have access to a pool, make use of it. A quick, cool shower or bath can also provide relief from the heat.
- Load up: Pile everyone (including Fido) into the family car and go for a drive with the AC cranked to full blast.
- Dress down: When the AC is out, go for comfort over fashion. Choose clothing that will minimize heat discomfort. Wear lighter materials and lighter colors.
- Pile on: Dampen a towel with cold water and place it on the back of your neck during the day. Use an ice pack on the back of your neck or near your feet while in bed.
- Pour out: Don’t finish that pot of coffee. Caffeine is dehydrating (so is alcohol), so avoid these substances during hot days while you wait for air conditioning service in Cadillac, MI.
- Cool in: If the temperatures drop to more comfortable ranges at night, consider opening the windows and using fans to draw in the cooler night air. Be sure to close everything up again in the morning before things heat back up.
If your AC goes out, contact the pros at Able Heating, Cooling and Plumbing. For over 25 years, our team has been the go-to source for air conditioning service in Cadillac, MI. We offer flat rates and provide 24-hour emergency services. Our customers know they can count on our technicians to deliver superior service to get their units up and running again as soon as possible. Don’t suffer in the heat any longer than you have to. Reach our experts today at 231-779-5430 for reliable, friendly service.
Categorised in: Air Conditioner Service
This post was written by Writer