Are you in need of air conditioning repair in Kalamazoo, MI? If your unit is on the fritz, it is likely experiencing one of a handful of common air conditioner issues. A quick call to All Brands Heating And Cooling will get the necessary repair underway and have your unit functioning fully again in no time. As part of the service call, your experienced technician will check your unit for these frequently occurring issues:
- Refrigerant leak: If your air conditioner is not cooling how it should, it may have a leak in the refrigerant system. Simply adding Freon (refrigerant) will not fix the problem. If a leak is present, it must be repaired by a technician. They can test the repair and charge your unit with the proper amount of refrigerant. It is important to match the refrigerant charge to the manufacturer’s recommendations. It is also important to take care of the issue right away, as these leaks can be hazardous to the environment.
- Fan malfunction: Your air conditioning unit includes an outside fan that transfers the heat removed from indoors to the outside. If this fan is not working properly, the compressor may overheat. This could cause the safety overload to trip, or it could cause damage to the compressor. If the compressor fails, your whole unit goes down. If malfunctioning, the fan may need to be replaced or repaired, or there may be debris blocking its function.
- Sensor issues: Depending on your type of unit, these problems could be on the unit itself or the thermostat that controls the system. Room air conditioners have a sensor located behind their control panel. If this is out of proper positioning, it will incorrectly sense the temperature and cause the unit to run incessantly or erratically. A wall thermostat that controls a whole-house unit may also cause issues in performance. If the battery needs to be replaced or other issues cause it to fail, your unit will not kick on and off as it should.
- Frozen coil: It may sound ironic that something designed to cool could get too cold, but it happens. If your ductwork is obstructed, trapping too much cool air inside, or the refrigerant level is too low, the coil can freeze. A unit with a frozen coil cannot function properly, if at all. Without repair, the entire unit may suffer damage. To help prevent this issue, ensure your vents are not blocked by furniture or other items.
- Electrical problems: Your unit may experience electrical control issues or wiring issues. The controls regulating the fan and compressor are frequently in use, due to the repeated shutting on and off of your unit. Eventually, they can wear out. Electrical connections may also cause problems. Bad wiring, corrosion and loose connections are potential causes. These should be checked regularly during scheduled maintenance to avoid fire hazards.
Professional technicians can quickly assess these issues and repair your unit to have it fully operational in no time. For trusted air conditioning repair in Kalamazoo, MI, contact All Brands Heating And Cooling today.
Categorised in: Air Conditioning Repairs
This post was written by admin