Not having heat in your home during these cold winter months isn’t just uncomfortable—it can also be very dangerous. Bundling up with blankets and wearing your winter coat in the house isn’t enough to keep you warm and safe if the temperatures are excessively low in your home. What’s worse is that it can sometimes take maintenance technicians several days to make it out to your house to fix the problem. On top of that, the cost to repair or even replace your furnace could be substantial.
Fortunately, yearly furnace service in Kalamazoo, MI can mitigate your chance of having a broken furnace. Here are some of the reasons why investing in routine maintenance is preferable to springing for emergency repairs:
- Be prepared for the winter: 2017 should be the year that we all have heated homes! If you find yourself with a broken furnace and no heat, you might not have anyone to blame but yourself for not calling us for furnace service back when it was a little warmer outside. A furnace technician could have spotted any potential faulty parts in your unit and would have fixed or replaced them before the cold weather set in.
- Don’t wait around for a repairman: On a related note, waiting for any kind of repairman to make it out to your home can take a few days. If you’re waiting in a cold house for a furnace repairman, those few days may seem to drag on for much longer. By scheduling furnace service, you won’t have to worry about waiting in limbo for a repair professional to make room for you in his or her busy schedule.
- Avoid safety issues: Furnaces can be very dangerous appliances. A failing furnace can actually start a fire. Furnaces that are on the fritz can also expel dangerous carbon monoxide gas into your home and pose serious health risks to you and your family. A furnace that’s received yearly maintenance is less likely to be a fire and carbon monoxide hazard.
- Increase efficiency: Throughout its lifespan, dust and other debris can get into the furnace and decrease its ability to properly heat your home. If you call one of our technicians to service your unit, you can rest assured that our furnace service in Kalamazoo, MI includes cleaning out all of the debris to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Extend the life of your furnace: The key to a long-lasting furnace is constant maintenance. Furnace upkeep is equivalent to car maintenance. If the oil change light comes on in your vehicle, you likely take it to a mechanic as soon as you can. Since furnaces don’t have check oil lights to let you know it’s time for maintenance, it’s necessary to schedule regular furnace service to make sure everything is up to par.
If you failed to schedule furnace service in Kalamazoo, MI before winter started, don’t worry! It’s not too late to have one of our technicians take a look at your furnace and fix anything that he feels could end up being a problem. Get in touch with All Brands Heating And Cooling today to secure the peace of mind you deserve!
Categorised in: Furnace Service
This post was written by admin