Summer Is Coming: Do You Need Air Conditioning Service in Kalamazoo, MI?March 22, 2018 6:13 pm Leave your thoughts
Before you know it, temperatures will be rising and summer will be upon us. Is your air conditioner ready for the season? Regular maintenance is essential to keep this system running optimally and avoid repairs. You don’t want to sweat it out in July as you wait for air conditioning repair in Kalamazoo, MI.
To keep your system in top shape, watch for the following signs that your air conditioner needs repairs. If you notice any of these red flags, contact a technician right away for service:
- It growls: Is your air conditioner making strange sounds? Don’t ignore these cries for help. If you hear squealing or grinding noises, something is wrong with the internal mechanics of your air conditioner. If the issue is not dealt with, it will cause additional problems, including potential failure. If you hear squealing, this may indicate a belt has slipped or that a metal component needs lubrication. Grinding noises often indicate the motor bearings are broken.
- It stinks: Is there a strange odor emanating from your air conditioning unit? Don’t automatically blame the dog. This could mean your air conditioner’s wire insulation has burned out, which is a potential fire hazard. If the odor is a musty smell, this usually means mold is present in your unit. Since mold can cause a host of health problems, this should be taken care of immediately. Don’t hesitate to contact a professional for repairs as soon as you catch a whiff of something unpleasant from your unit.
- It’s hot: Is your air conditioner failing to do its job? If the air isn’t as cool as it should be, you need repairs. The compressor may be bad, the Freon levels may be low or it may be time to replace the entire unit. A professional technician can examine the unit and let you know which repair you need. One thing is for sure: the problem won’t get better on its own. The unit needs immediate attention.
- It’s wet: If you notice leaks around your air conditioning system, this usually indicates one of two problems. The unit could be leaking refrigerant, which is extremely hazardous. The fluid may also be water, which indicates the drain tube is blocked or broken. If not repaired, this could lead to mold growth.
- It’s stuck: Does your air conditioner fail to turn off or on? Does it seem to cool one room but not another, stuck in a pattern of freezing your living room and baking your bedroom? These issues can indicate a problem with your thermostat rather than the unit itself. To properly regulate the temperature in your home, contact a technician for air conditioning service in Kalamazoo, MI.
Is it time to make a call for air conditioning repair in Kalamazoo, MI? Don’t ignore early warning signs that your system needs repairs. Give it the attention it needs, so you can enjoy a pleasant, cool summer. Contact the professionals at All Brands Heating and Cooling today to schedule your next service.
Categorised in: Air Conditioner Service, Air Conditioning Repairs
This post was written by Writer